Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Coconut Oil - Where Have You Been All My Life?

I can't believe it took me so long to try Coconut Oil - since I have been making my own body butter, etc. and researching natural products and how to make them, I have been in LOVE with Coconut Oil - I put it in my homemade body butter/oil/shmootz - I am going to put it in my first batch of homemade soap this summer - and I also use it straight.

Every morning and night, I put straight Coconut Oil on my face, neck, arms/hands and legs/feet. 

It is also great for makeup remover - as well as Sweet Almond Oil.  Most makeup removers you get in stores irritates my eyes.  Sometimes I will use Baby Oil or Vaseline, but prefer to use the Coconut Oil or Sweet Almond Oil - it's better for the skin.

Throughout the day, I use my homemade body butter/shmootz, which also has Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil and Olive Oil in it - but at night, before I go to bed, I use straight Coconut Oil. 

I recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin and problems like psoriasis, eczema - check wth your dermatologist first, because some people are allergic to coconut and oils made from "nuts" like Sweet Almond Oil.

I can testify that I have not had any skin problems since I switched to making my own body butter and started using Coconut Oil every day.

ALSO - I found out that "eating" a teaspoon or tablespoon of Coconut Oil every day helps with stomach problems - and it also helps with pets with their digestion, which I also have. 

You wouldn't believe this - but once or twice per week, I give my pets (2 dogs and a cat) a "finger full" of Coconut Oil and I can attest that my 6 year old cat has fewer hairballs and my Boxer dog has less tummy upset.  My husky gets it too - she's a tough girl, so it's just a treat for her.  Plus they love the taste.  It's a healthy treat for them.

I urge anyone to try Coconut Oil - and thank You Tube and Blogger for having a plethora of information and resources for people to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment